Butler® Solutions: Turning Need into Opportunity
An electric generation company in Virginia had a roof collapse on their mobile equipment shop building after years of acidic corrosion to the structural roof framing. Time was of the essence, but the building was old and the parts needed to fix the roof were no longer available. The general contractor hired to fix the building turned to the EDiS Building Systems (EBS) team and their expertise in Butler® systems to help.
The EBS team traveled to Virginia to inspect the facility. After investigation, the EBS team concluded that the most effective solution would be a combination of new Butler® parts in conjunction with conventional materials that would need to be custom made to replace the damaged and obsolete pieces needed. Using their network of vendors, EBS sourced the fabrication of the specialty pieces through several different providers, making sure they optimized the fabrication for each piece.
Since the roofing needed to be replaced anyway, the recommendation was made to install the Butler® SunLite Strip™ Daylighting System, which allows natural light into the building. While the goal was to replace the collapsed roof, the opportunity to reduce operating costs by harvesting natural light was a bonus!
SunLite Strip® Daylighting System
If you have a MR-24 Roof System in need of retrofit, you can save money, improve your building’s aesthetics, increase employee productivity, and enhance customer satisfaction by introducing natural daylight into any Butler® building with the SunLite Strip™ Daylighting System. Whether your goal is to reduce lighting costs in your existing Butler® building or to replace aging translucent panels, the design and installation ease of the SunLite Strip system enables you to add these benefits in virtually any retrofit application. Ask us for more information!
- Electrical lighting consumption reduced by up to 70%
- Prismatic lenses provide 100% diffused light to eliminate hotspots and glare
- Introduces substantially more light than translucent panels
- Installation time is 1/3 the time of curb-mounted systems
- Helps owners take advantage of federal tax deductions
- “Strip” design can reduce the number of roof penetrations by 30%
- Unique design is ideal for retrofit of existing MR-24 Lite*Panel
- Retrofitting into an existing MR-24 roof system introduces daylighting advantages
- 20-year limited warranty
- Optional safety guard
- Optional security bars